Monday, September 8, 2008

William Wilson (9-8-08)

I came home to find a life was cut far too short. Yesterday, William Wilson, son of Jeremy Wilson of Wilson-Kibler, passed away, as I found out later today.

While I was in Denver, I received an email telling me a cyclist was hit and in serious condition, teetering on the edge. I asked that my prayers be expressed to his parents, my hope being that he would make it. This morning I left a message for his father expressing my hope, not knowing he had passed away late yesterday. It was a hit and run, both very unnecessary. A young man riding his bike at 7p to a friend’s house, and he was hit at the corner by where I live, already an unsafe corner. From what I understand, there was too much head trauma and he could not pull through.

Though I did not know him, as a cyclist, and as one that knows his parents, my heartfelt sympathies go out to them, and all his family and friends. Burying a child is something no parent ever wants to do. It was a needless loss of life of a young man just beginning his career in life, and he never had a chance.

I understand that the funeral is Wednesday, noon, at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church.

Do honor his life by expressing your sympathies to his parents ( jwilson@wilsonkibler.com ), and by being courteous and protective of others that ride bicycles, just as he chose to do.

You may learn more at http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=65893&catid=2.

No comments: